If your question is not answered in this section, please visit the following area in our forums for additional questions and answers:
For a brief synopsis of what we are about as a ministry, please view the following short course about our ministry:
Question 6.01: I left a message at your 800 number but you never returned my call or if you did, you didn't leave a phone number on our answering machine. Why is this?
Answer 6.01: We only return calls where the party receiving the call has disabled anonymous call blocking. We warn callers of this in the area on the Contact page where we give out our phone number. We insist on this in order to protect privacy. For the sake of preserving privacy, we do all of the following in responding to all phone messages left for us:
- If we have to turn on caller ID to get through, because you have anonymous call blocking turned on, then we won't enable caller ID in order to complete the call.
- If you leave a number to call back that has an 800, 866, 877, 888, or 900 prefix, then we don't call back because the caller source phone number is disclosed even when Caller ID is blocked.
- If we call you back and you have an answering machine or any form of call screening, then we do not leave voice messages. The reason is because courts have ruled that those who leave phone messages consent to be recorded, and the recording automatically becomes admissible evidence in any legal proceeding.
If you have anonymous call blocking disabled and no one answers the call, we will instead call you three times over a two day period and leave no message. If we get an answering machine every time we call, then you will never hear from us again. Likewise, if you have anonymous call blocking enabled, you will never hear from us again. Consequently, it's best to use email if you want to correspond with us.
Question 6.02: Your CD and DVD offerings are copyrighted. Do I have your permission to copy them if I want to send in a copy attached to a piece of correspondence that I am sending to someone inside the government so that I don't have to buy another copy every time I want the government to have your information?
Answer 6.02: All of the materials on the SEDM website are copyrighted and may not be photocopied, resold, or given away to third parties. They are for the personal use of the person who made the donation ONLY. However, the one exception we make to that requirement is that you can send in as many copies of the Tax Deposition CD or the Family Guardian Website DVD as you like to the government if you made a donation to obtain the materials.
Question 6.03: I noticed your suggested donation amount looks like it raised on Sept. 11, 2004 for all your offerings. Why did you do this?
Answer 6.03: We didn't raise any of the suggested donation amounts on Sept. 11, 2004. We simply converted all the suggested donation amounts from American Dollars to Canadian Dollar and since the exchange rate at that time was 1.28 Canadian dollars per American Dollar, it LOOKED like we raised the suggested donation amount. If you want to know about the latest exchange rates, click here. For more information about this, see our Store Policies page.
Keep in mind that exchange rates vary quite a bit and it could become quite a bit of work constantly changing suggested donation amounts on the Ministry Bookstore so they match the U.S. dollar amounts indicated on our catalog. Be advised that we don't intend to obsess over these variations by daily updating Ministry Bookstore suggested donation amounts and will only update them infrequently to minimize effort so we can focus on more important things. Instead, there will be slight differences between the Canadian and American Dollar prices which we ask our users to be flexible and understanding about. We don't like obsessing over money because money is the root of all evil to begin with.
Question 6.04: Are there any circumstances in which you would consider cooperating with the government by shutting down this website?
Answer 6.04: When the legal and political reforms we seek are instituted documented here, we will be happy to retire this ministry and move on to far more productive, creative, and useful occupations. Hell will likely freeze over before your public dis-servants overcome their addiction to the money they are STEALING from Americans, however.
Question 6.05: I thought your website said you are not selling anything but in order to get your manual and books I need to make a donation. What's the difference? Plus, if you guys are from Canada, how does that help those of us who live in the US from paying illegal extortion money to the government.
Don't think I'm the typical government person because I work for SSA [Social Security Administration]. I firmly believe in what you guys are doing. I just want to know how to make this work. Basically I've been a bit scared to stop my withholdings.
Thanks......love your web site!!
Answer 6.05: Thanks for your inquiry. It's nice to know that there are still people in the government who aren't neglecting their civic duties. :-)
Here are some answers:
- The difference between a business and this ministry is that:
1.1 We exist solely to serve, obey, and worship our Lord and Creator. That is not true of a business or it wouldn't call itself a business in the first place.
1.2 The result of what we offer people is intended to produce eternal salvation and not material wealth or the acclaim of men. Businesses are focused on the here and now and do not care about eternal salvation. Their only purpose is to achieve material wealth.
1.3 This ministry is a calling from God and the Holy Spirit led us into it. We were doing this kind of work for free as a labor of love for several years before we ever even thought about or accepted donations and we would do it even if there was no consideration whatsoever, because it is a Holy calling. Businesses dissolve, employees quit, and stockholders and investors abandon ship at the first sign that a company is not making money. We are in this for the long haul, no matter what.
"Working for God on earth does not pay much, but His Retirement plan is out of this world!"
1.4 We as believers cite the authority of God's laws as the reason behind everything we do and everything we expect public servants to do. We also cite man's laws as the basis, but only to the extent that they do not conflict with God's laws. Most businesses don't care about what Holy Scripture says and if they tried to push Holy Scripture in the workplace, they would be prosecuted for religious discrimination against employees.
1.5 We are involved only in First Amendment activities and spiritual, political, and legal reform. Businesses are only concerned with making money. Money is not our only or even our main goal. It is just a means or a tool to accomplish an entirely spiritual and political and legal end.
1.6 When people can demonstrate genuine personal need and that they have been good stewards and have made wise decisions but still fall on hard times, we give them our materials free. Businesses don't do that because profitability is their only goal.
1.7 A business will take anyone for a customer as long as they pay their way. We, on the other hand, require you to be a member first and to agree to our Member Agreement, Form #01.001. You can't order anything on the Ministry Bookstore without agreeing unconditionally to the Member Agreement, Form #01.001, for instance. That agreement, in turn, requires you to put truth and justice ahead of personal wealth, comfort, and personal security. This type of an agreement is a chief characteristic of nearly every type of charitable or religious organization which any government is willing to officially recognize. No business would require that of its clients, because it has no spiritual goals or concerns.
1.8 We don't subsidize the government with any of the donations we receive, because we are a religious ministry. There is complete separation of church and state. Very few businesses can claim that. Any business that pays state or federal taxes can't claim that. This situation, in fact, is the only thing that makes us objective about the issues we cover on this website, which relate almost exclusively to encouraging separation of church, which is believers, from the state and the government. We don't need to be "exempt" under the Internal Revenue Code, because we aren't subject to the IRC to begin with. You must be subject to something before there is a need to be "exempt".
1.9 Our goal is to glorify God and not government or any man and we aren't competing with anyone. Our goal is to help and educate and not to compete. Businesses are interested in building a good name for themselves, but most also want to trash their competitors and take away their customers.
- What helps people is the information and education we provide. It doesn't matter where we are geographically, as long as we help people by educating and empowering them in a positive and meaningful way. That is what religious ministries exist for: to bless and benefit people in some way. God is no respecter of persons or nations so why should we be?:
“Behold, the nations are as a drop in the bucket, and are counted as the small dust on the scales.”
[Isaiah 40:15, Bible, NKJV]
“All nations before Him are as nothing, and they are counted by Him less than nothing and worthless.”
[Isaiah 40:17, Bible, NKJV]
“He [God] brings the princes to nothing; He makes the judges of the earth useless.”
[Isaiah 40:23, Bible, NKJV]
“Indeed they [the nations] are all worthless; their works are nothing; their molded images are wind and confusion.”
[Isaiah 41:29, Bible, NKJV]
What matters is what is in your heart, not where you live. Businesses don't care what is in your heart as long as the owners or stockholders are wealthy and the employees are paid well enough that they don't quit every other day. The government has tried to silence and terrorize and illegally persecute and harass every other ministry like ours that was within their jurisdiction, so we had no choice but to locate ourselves outside their corrupt jurisdiction in order to avoid censorship and oversight that would impinge upon our objectivity on the matters we cover. Such acts of terrorism by the government are criminal violations because they amount to witness tampering if the subject about which the educating is being done involves exposing and prosecuting wrongdoing of specific public servants as it does here. Not being inside the United States was the only way to ensure complete separation of church and state. We are the "church" and the government represents the interests of the "state". This is our way to implement the "wall of separation between church and state" that Thomas Jefferson was trying to encourage in his writings, and we are just following his example.
Now let us turn that question around on you, who work for the Social Security Administration. Racketeers and organized criminals take money from people without their consent, and don't care about their consent. Their main source of influence is the commission of force and fraud. Our public dis-servants in the IRS and the Social Security Administration accomplish the same result through omission by:
- Refusing to acknowledge to the people they serve that participation is completely voluntary, and that there are not implementing regulations or delegated authority that allow them to conduct enforcement actions against anything other than federal instrumentalities and "public officials" as required by 44 U.S.C. §1505(a)(1) and 26 CFR §601.702(a)(2)(ii). Click here for exhaustive details on this fraud.
- Refusing to tell the truth about the voluntary nature of both the federal income tax and the Social Security Program in the case of "nontaxpayers" and refusing to acknowledge even the existence or the rights of " nontaxpayers". The closest they will come to admitting the truth is to say that Social Security is mandatory for "employers" and "employees", but refuse to admit the truth that people who domiciled outside of federal jurisdiction in states of the Union and do not work for the federal government are not "employees" under Subtitle C of the Internal Revenue Code. That is constructive fraud.
- Refusing to acknowledge Subtitle A of the Internal Revenue Code as an excise tax upon the privileged activity called a "trade or business", and instead maliciously lying to people by referring to it as a direct, unapportioned tax.
- Refusing to discipline IRS employees or businesses who force their workers to deduct and withhold Social Security insurance premiums or payroll withholding, even though they do have a choice not to without any adverse consequence. See 26 CFR §31.3402(p)-1(2)
- Refusing to obey the laws on taxation and refusing to respect the severe limits on their authority put there by the Constitution.
- Exploiting to the ignorance of Americans on a grand scale by lying to them in their publications, or at least not telling them the whole truth, thus instituting constructive fraud.
- Refusing to disclose on the SSA.GOV website how to terminate participation in the program. For instance, there are NO forms or instructions anywhere on the SSA website on how to quit social security and get all your money back. A program cannot be called voluntary if the SSA won't allow people to quit and won't make sure private businesses don't coerce their workers into participating. Click here (OFFSITE LINK) for a revealing article on this fraud.
- Refusing to admit or enforce the territorial limits on their jurisdiction. For instance, refusing to openly acknowledge that Social Security is only available to federal employees and that private citizens cannot be regarded as "federal employees".
The result of all the acts of omission by the government that are cited above is that the general public is deceived into thinking that participation is mandatory, and thereby the government effectively can disregard the requirement for consent and accomplish the same result as Racketeers and the Mafia do by using unlawful force. What's the difference between what the government does through deceit, fraud, and omission and what the Mafia does if the result is the same: force and fraud? The Mafia accomplishes force through overt acts of commission. Our public dis-servants in government accomplish the illusion of force through equally deliberate acts of omission and propaganda, but the result is the same: Coercion and duress upon the citizen. Please enlighten us? Notice Jesus' words below, where He very deliberately uses the word "undone", meaning an act of omission, to convict the lawyers and politicians of his day. Is it any wonder He was crucified by for his truthful but politically incorrect views?
"Woe to you, scribes [political leaders and public servants] and Pharisees [lawyers], hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin [with your 501(c)(3) exemptions, attorney licensing, and bribing the government with tax money that no law requires you to pay], and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone."
[Matt. 23:23, Bible, NKJV]
What Jesus was alluding to above was the fact that public servants in government have a fiduciary duty to the people, and that fiduciary duty extends to not committing any act of omission that might harm the beneficiaries of the fiduciary duty, which is the sovereign people, by whom and for whom all government exists and acts. According to President Bush, "public service is a public trust". The Beneficiaries of this public trust are us and our posterity (children). The Grantors of the trust are the sovereign People, and the Trustees are the public servants, who have a positive law fiduciary duty to all Americans to keep justice and do exactly and ONLY what they are told to do in the Constitution, which is a contract and delegation of authority between us and them:
Public Law 96-303
Passed June 27, 1980 unanimously by Congress.
Signed into law July 3, 1980 by President
X. Uphold these principles, ever conscious that public office is a public trust.
Lastly, every human endeavor needs some means to sustain itself if it is to continue. If you believe that we should not be able to accept donations and thereby not be able to afford the tools and resources needed to be helpful and relevant to you, then how is it that you propose to allow this ministry to continue to function and be able to continue to produce the tools and educational curricula needed to help you defend yourself? Isn't it rather petty to put so much emphasis on money?
The Law of Nations
Book I, Chapt. 2
Since then a nation [or sovereign entity or church] is obliged to preserve itself, it has a right to every thing necessary for its preservation. For the Law of Nature gives us a right to every thing without which we cannot fulfil our obligation; otherwise it would oblige us to do impossibilities, or rather would contradict itself in prescribing us a duty, and at the same time debarring us of the only means of fulfilling it. It will doubtless be here understood, that those means ought not to be unjust in themselves, or such as are absolutely forbidden by the Law of Nature.
Americans, in general, don't complain or rebel when the government takes over 60% of their income illegally, if you add up state and federal income, excise, sales, and license taxes, and yet it's somehow a problem when a religious ministry expects a petty suggested donation to a charitable cause for information that took over four years to research and produce with no thought of return? Isn't human greed the reason why our tax system became so corrupted to begin with? How can one fight government greed with personal greed? Two wrongs don't make a right. Generosity and grace are the only appropriate antidotes for fighting greed. It's precisely this kind of uncharitable greed that the IRS exploits to slander tax honesty advocates in front of juries, and thereby perpetuate the wicked system of usurpation and slavery that chains us all to the federal plantation as government serfs.
Below is the response of the gentleman who wrote the original question in response to our reciprocal question:
The only difference is that Social Security does not murder people.......I say that as a joke.
I agree with everything you have said. Believe me if I had known about how the government worked when I was younger I would have never started working here [the Social Security Administration]. As it is, I've now been here long enough that I can take early retirement if I choose. I am always looking for another means of income and I'm sure sooner or later something will come up that will allow me to quit working here.
Keep up the good work.
Question 6.06: What do you think about ________?
Answer 6.06: We don't publish opinions on this website. This website isn't about "us" and please leave us out of it. We do not propagate patriot mythology or patriot religion. We are not here to create a "cult" or a following of people who have unquestioned faith in us as some kind of vain "guru". As a matter of fact, our Member Agreement, Form #01.001 and our " Reasonable Belief About Income Tax Liability, Form #05.007" memorandum both abundantly confirm that you aren't even allowed to trust or believe anything we say here and may instead only rely upon your own reading of what enacted positive law says. You won't find any pictures of us or our names on this website, because we aren't here to grandstand. The minute that leaders stand up, they become targets for government thieves and tyrants anyway. Therefore, we will never be anything more than your devoted "servant", educator, and cheerleader. What the servant "thinks" is irrelevant. What the "Master" thinks, which is God and you who serve God, is the only thing that is relevant.
Instead, an important focus of this website is the Truth and what any person armed with Internet access and a computer can verify for himself or herself about what God's and man's laws say WITHOUT having to depend on our vain and irrelevant opinion. We don't want you to trust anything we say, as a matter of fact, and prefer that you verify the facts for yourself. The pamphlet below entitled " Reasonable Belief About Income Tax Liability, Form #05.007" clearly proves that the only thing a person can rely upon are the following in forming a Reasonable Belief About Income Tax Liability: 1. The Constitution; 2. The rulings of the U.S. Supreme Court and not lower federal courts; 3. Enacted positive law from the statutes at large dating after January 2, 1939. It also concludes that the opinions of "experts" and even the Internal Revenue Code are irrelevant to a person domiciled in a state of the Union who is not a public employee or federal contractor or agent:
We only will take positions on issues where what positive law and the interpretation of the courts within our jurisdiction consistently conclude is the proper position on any issue, and we will share THEIR opinion and not our opinion on the subject. We will only discuss the facts and the law and what you, as an ordinary American not domiciled in the federal zone (OFFSITE LINK), and not us, think they mean. How an ordinary American of average intelligence would read and interpret a specific law on a specific subject is how the courts must interpret it, because the law is supposed to be written so that every citizen can read and follow it. A society based on the rule of law and not of men (see Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. 137 (1803)) is based on respect for law by every citizen, and the only way law can be respectable is for the average American to be able to read, understand, and follow it rather than having to depend on a legal expert with a conflict of interest to tell them what to do. Here is how the U.S. Supreme Court explains it:
As we said in Grayned v. City of Rockford, 408 U.S. 104, 108 (1972):
"It is a basic principle of due process that an enactment is void for vagueness if its prohibitions are not clearly defined. Vague laws offend several important values. First, because we assume that man is free to steer between lawful and unlawful conduct, we insist that laws give the person of ordinary intelligence a reasonable opportunity to know what is prohibited, so that he may act accordingly. Vague laws may trap the innocent by not providing fair warning. Second, if arbitrary and discriminatory enforcement is to be prevented, laws must provide explicit standards for those who apply them. A vague law impermissibly delegates basic policy matters to policemen, judges, and juries for resolution on an ad hoc and subjective basis, with the attendant dangers of arbitrary and discriminatory application." (Footnotes omitted.)
See al Papachristou v. City of Jacksonville, 405 U.S. 156 (1972); Cline v. Frink Dairy Co., 274 U.S. 445, 47 S. Ct. 681 (1927); Connally v. General Construction Co., 269 U.S. 385 (1926).
[Sewell v. Georgia, 435 U.S. 982 (1978)]
The U.S. Supreme Court said above that you, as an ordinary citizen, and not a "guru", should be able to trust your own reading and own judgment in reading any law. If you, as an ordinary citizen, can't understand what the law expects of you, then quite frankly, its unenforceable, as is most of the Internal Revenue Code based on our own reading of it. This is because you, acting as a jurist, are the only sovereign, who can apply the law and the facts to one of your fellow sovereigns. Therefore, it's absolutely pointless to ask us what our "opinion" is on anything. Our opinion doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Our "opinion" isn't worth the water needed to flush it down the toilet, in fact. If you simply don't find yourself able to trust your own judgment and insist on someone else doing the thinking for you, then you either better get out of "slave/servant mode" and start learning to think for yourself, or you better get used to wearing chains and living on the federal plantation. Sovereigns do not rely on anyone to protect their freedom and certainly never give anyone permission to do their thinking for them. That is what makes them sovereign to begin with. We can only help sovereigns on this website. The only instructions you need are from God Himself as written in the Bible, who will give you the wisdom and the direction through the Holy Spirit that you need to do the right thing. Read the Bible, and especially the book of Proverbs and Psalm if you want to know how to be free. That is how this entire website was created and is maintained: Exclusively through the Holy Spirit and reading God's Perfect and Holy law found in the Bible. We didn't rely on anything but our own reading of the law and examination of the facts for ourself. You are just as capable of that investigation yourself, and if you aren't willing to put the effort in, then learn to bend over frequently. Only the vigilant and the self-educated are free. Freedom isn't a "business" that you can pay us to somehow magically provide without risk or sacrifice. Instead, it's a lifestyle and an attitude that each individual must choose and perform for themselves. We provide the tools and information necessary to accelerate your self-education, but you must still add the most important ingredients to complete the recipe: motivation, personal commitment, diligent study and follow-through, and faith in God. Those who are not willing to fight for freedom and literally "earn" it, simply don't deserve it. We will not participate in rewarding people with that which they didn't earn. Irresponsibility, laziness, and government dependence are the evils that caused most of the problems we are trying to fight on this website and we won't encourage more of the same by rewarding it. Click here to learn the reason why we can't. Liberty is not a spectator sport, its a lifestyle. Sorry.
“The hand of the diligent will rule [be sovereign],
But the lazy [or irresponsible] man will be put to forced labor [slavery and servitude!].”
[Prov. 12:24, Bible, NKJV]
Question 6.7: I'm having trouble faxing to your 800 number. I tried faxing several times and it just won't work. Is there a problem with your fax machine?
Answer 6.7: This problem doesn't happen very often and we're sorry you have to be one of the very unfortunate victims. In the rare cases when it does happen, every single time was because someone was using a really old fax machine that is not compatible with newer fax protocols. If you try sending from a newer fax machine then it will usually fix the problem. Also, our 800 number is a dual-use voice and fax line and you should not call via voice and then try to engage your fax machine or it will not work. Instead, stack the papers you want to send in the fax machine and dial directly from the fax machine. This also solves a lot of headaches.
Question 6.08: I think what you are doing is great, a wonderful ministry, and a righteous cause. However, why the need for at least the appearance of secrecy? The Bible says in John 3:18-21 that everyone practicing evil hates the light and does not come out into the light. Couldn't what you are doing also be interpreted as evil based on the way you appear to hide and protect it?
Answer 6.08: Your statement makes several false and simplistic presumptions about the way things appear, including those below:
- Those who protect or conceal their identity or the nature of any aspect of their activities automatically must be up to evil. If that were true, then why:
1.1 Did Jesus conceal certain aspects of His activities from nonbelievers and sinners? Every time someone asked Him a question, He answered either with another question or with parables instead of answering them directly. He explained His reasoning below, which reveals that He was essentially "encrypting" His message so that it would not be understood by certain people!:
"To you [the believers] it has been given to know the mysteries of the kingdom of God, but to the rest it is given in parables [encrypted], that
"Seeing they [the unbelievers and sinners] may not see [the Truth], and hearing they may not understand."
[Luke 8:10, Bible, NKJV]
Why would Jesus do the above unless he was trying to hide something from certain people who could do Him harm?
1.2 Does the Bible say the following:
“When the wicked arise, men [including righteous men] hide themselves;
But when they perish, the righteous increase.”
[Prov. 28:28, Bible, NKJV]
“A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself [and his assets from plunder and harm by government THIEVES],
But the simple pass on and are punished.”
[Prov. 22:3, Bible, NKJV]
“A prudent man foresees evil and hides himself; The simple pass on and are punished.”
[Prov. 27:12, Bible, NKJV]
“The simple believes every word [spoken by a LYING government],
But the prudent man considers well his steps.
A wise man fears and departs from evil [by making himself invisible],
But a fool rages and is self-confident.”
[Prov. 14:15, Bible,NKJV]
1.3 Does it say in Deut. 29:29 the following:
"The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but those things which are revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may do all the words of this law. "
[Deut. 29:29, Bible, NKJV]
By your standard, the Lord is a criminal because there are secrets He is keeping from us. This is an absurd conclusion to reach, and therefore your premise must be wrong.
1.4 Whenever God wanted to punish sinners in the Bible, does he say He is going to "Hide His face" from them? Only the wicked "hide", right? See Deut. 31:17-20, 32:20; Job 13:24, Psalm 10:11, Psalm 13:1, Psalm 27:9, Psalm 44:24, Micah 3:4, etc. Doesn't this reveal that God Himself is sinning when He says this?
1.5 Was David commanded to hide from Saul in 1 Sam. 19:2? If what David was doing was righteous, which we believe it was, he would not have hidden himself, right? If he hadn't hidden himself, we wouldn't have the book of Psalm, Proverbs, or Jesus.
1.6 Does it say in Psalm 27:5 the following: "For in the time of trouble He shall hide me in His pavilion; In the secret place of His tabernacle "
1.7 Does it say in Psalm 31:20 the following: "You shall hide them in the secret place of Your presence From the plots of man; You shall keep them secretly in a pavilion
From the strife of [deceitful] tongues." See also Psalm 64:2.
1.8 Does it say in Isaiah 26:20-21 the following:
"Come, my people, enter your chambers,
And shut your doors behind you;
Hide yourself, as it were, for a little moment,
Until the indignation [of God for the unrighteousness of the government] is past.
For behold, the LORD comes out of His place
To punish the inhabitants of the earth for their iniquity;
The earth will also disclose her blood,
And will no more cover her slain. "
[Isaiah 26:20-21, Bible, NKJV]
- Privacy is illegal and anyone who seeks it is a criminal. If this were true, then why:
2.1 Are Grand Jury deliberations secret and not subject to public supervision? If what they were doing were righteous, then they would need secrecy, would they? Click here for an article on this subject from a law review publication.
2.2 Does the government need to classify information and prevent people from finding out about it? If what they were doing were righteous, they wouldn't need to classify anything, right?
2.3 Do we even need a Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution? The legislative intent of passing that amendment was to protect the privacy of the people from arbitrary government action and "selective enforcement". People who don't have anything to hide don't need the Fourth Amendment, right? The only thing the Fourth Amendment does is protect criminal activity, so we ought to abolish it, right? Don't you think that doing that would lead to a police state?
2.4 Does the government encrypt it's military communications? If what we were doing were righteous, then we wouldn't need to encrypt, right?
2.5 Do we have a Privacy Act (5 U.S.C. §552a) to protect the privacy of government records about people's lives? If what we were doing was righteous, we wouldn't need such privacy, would we? The reason this is done is to protect people from identity theft and political persecution. It is a righteous cause.
2.6 Do the votes of people need to be secret? When people vote, their vote is secret and no one is allowed to know their vote. Isn't this "hiding" and shouldn't it be outlawed? The reason why it is done is to protect them from political repercussions or retaliation by the incumbent party.
2.7 Do we need a federal Witness Protection Program? Those who testify against mobsters are offered a new identity and safe refuge for life. Isn't this "hiding"? In fact, the government is using secrecy to protect whistleblowers. Isn't that what this website focuses on, is whistle-blowing?
2.8 Is it lawful for judges to withhold evidence and keep the juries from hearing about it? Shouldn't they make a fully informed choice based on all evidence available, rather than only that which is relevant and not tainted by bias?
2.9 Is the residence of federal judges kept secret? When you send a FOIA request to the Dept. of Justice for the home address of a judge to the federal government, they won't provide the information, even though there are legitimate reasons to want to know this, such as whether the judge's residence is on federal property as required by 28 U.S.C. §134. Furthermore, there is no statute authorizing the DOJ to withhold this information but they do it anyway. Most federal judges, in fact, do not live on federal property as required by this statute, and use the confidentiality of their residence to protect the fact that they do not comply with this positive law. The government would say that they do this to protect the judges from retaliation by those they have abused, but we know better.
- We have an honest and honorable government that will not abuse personal information about us for dishonest financial gain. Right now, the IRS and state revenue agencies are abusing our privacy by abusing information provided on driver's license applications and vehicle registrations to perform collections of monies that are not lawful. This amounts to deceit in commerce and the equivalent of identity theft. They are willfully "assuming" that we reside on federal property and come under federal jurisdiction, and therefore are "taxpayers" even though we're sure that there are lots of people working in government who know this is simply not the case. Why do we tolerate such abuse and how can the average joe protect himself from this by any means OTHER than protecting his privacy. Any other method of protection, such as litigation, is very expensive and time consuming and few people have the resources for protecting themselves from this type of extortion WITHOUT privacy. In fact, the IRS routinely protects the identity of its employees from disclosure. When you call them on the phone or meet at an audit, they will not give you their state issued ID, will not disclose their full legal name, and will instead give you a fake first name and an agent ID #. If they really were performing a lawful, constitutional act, do you think they would need this kind of secrecy? Why is it that when we expect the same measure of protection, we are the bad guys, and yet you aren't complaining about far worse abuses by the IRS? We cannot fight an enemy that is violating the law without the same kind of protections they enjoy. Otherwise, we are being deprived of the equal protection of the law.
Now let's look at some examples of situations where it was actually illegal, but moral and biblical, to hide facts in certain circumstances.
- During WW II, the Nazis were rounding up Jews and exterminating them. Some people offered places for Jews to hide during this holocost. These actions were illegal, but were they immoral or did they violate the Bible?
- During WWII, there was an underground movement in France to resist the Nazis. The members were secret and they had secret meetings. Was this wrong?
- After Jesus was crucified, the Apostles spread to preach and teach. The Roman government was so worried and threatened by the political consequences of the preaching of the Apostle John that they exiled him to the Island of Patmos in the Mediterranean. While he was there, he wrote the book of Revelation. Because he was worried about censorship of his message because of its political content, he had to encrypt the political commentary. The book of Revelation is an encrypted condemnation of big government. Its message is hidden. Is this wrong?
- When Pope John Paul II died, the Catholic Church cardinals got together and voted on a new Pope. Their deliberations were secret and so was their vote. Is this righteous?
- When police want to catch criminals, they will protect the identity of witnesses by keeping them anonymous. Is this righteous?
- When Abraham traveled to Egypt, he concealed the fact that his wife Sarah was his wife, and instead told Pharoah that she was his sister. Is this evil? If he hadn't done it, we probably wouldn't even have a Bible. See Genesis 12:20-20.
On the subject of charitable deeds such as this ministry, the Bible says the following:
"Take heed that you do not do your charitable deeds before men, to be seen by them. Otherwise you have no reward from your Father in heaven. Therefore, when you do a charitable deed, do not sound a trumpet before you as the hypocrites [lawyers and politicians] do in the synagogues and in the streets [and in jury trials, SCUM!], that they may have glory from men. Assuredly, I say to you, they have their reward. But when you do a charitable deed, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, that your charitable deed may be in secret; and your Father who sees in secret will Himself reward you openly."
[Matt. 6:1-4, Bible, NKJV]
The About Us page of this website indicates under Section 3 that Privacy is a religious practice protected by the First Amendment. Everything we do here is a charitable deed because we are trying to help and protect people from mostly government and legal profession lawlessness, corruption, and usurpation. In most other areas of life, government is our protector, but in this one area, they are PREDATORs. Who is going to protect us from these predators? Are you? Would you lay down your life and your income if we were attacked by the government? If not, then you will understand why the only reasonable and rational means of protection we have, absent dedicated help from people like you, is anonymity. What we do is the equivalent of "anonymous pamphleteering". Everything on this website, and especially our response letters, in fact, are the equivalent of "anonymous pamphlets" as far as our participation is concerned, if readers choose to send them in. Even the Supreme Court has acknowledged that this approach is an honorable undertaking protected by the First Amendment:
“Under our Constitution, anonymous pamphleteering is not a pernicious, fraudulent practice, but an honorable tradition of advocacy and of dissent. Anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority”
[McIntyre v. Ohio Elections Commission, (1995)]
"Anonymous pamphlets, leaflets, brochures and even books have played an important role in the progress of mankind." Talley v. California, 362 U.S. 60, 64 (1960). Great works of literature have frequently been produced by authors writing under assumed names. 4 Despite [ McINTYRE v. OHIO ELECTIONS COMM'N, ___ U.S. ___ (1995) , 7] readers' curiosity and the public's interest in identifying the creator of a work of art, an author generally is free to decide whether or not to disclose her true identity. The decision in favor of anonymity may be motivated by fear of economic or official retaliation, by concern about social ostracism, or merely by a desire to preserve as much of one's privacy as possible. Whatever the motivation may be, at least in the field of literary endeavor, the interest in having anonymous works enter the marketplace of ideas unquestionably outweighs any public interest in requiring disclosure as a condition of entry. 5 Accordingly, an author's decision to remain anonymous, like other decisions concerning omissions or additions to the content of a publication, is an aspect of the freedom of speech protected by the First Amendment.
[ McINTYRE v. OHIO ELECTIONS COMM'N, ___ U.S. ___ (1995) , 8]
The freedom to publish anonymously extends beyond the literary realm. In Talley, the Court held that the First Amendment protects the distribution of unsigned handbills urging readers to boycott certain Los Angeles merchants who were allegedly engaging in discriminatory employment practices. 362 U.S. 60 . Writing for the Court, Justice Black noted that "[p]ersecuted groups and sects from time to time throughout history have been able to criticize oppressive practices and laws either anonymously or not at all." Id., at 64. Justice Black recalled England's abusive press licensing laws and seditious libel prosecutions, and he reminded us that even the arguments favoring the ratification of the Constitution advanced in the Federalist Papers were published under fictitious names. Id., at 64-65. On occasion, quite apart from any threat of persecution, an advocate may believe her ideas will be more persuasive if her readers are unaware of her identity. Anonymity thereby provides a way for a writer who may be personally unpopular to ensure that readers will not prejudge her message simply because they do not like its proponent. Thus, even in the field of political rhetoric, where "the identity of the speaker is an important component of many attempts to persuade," City of Ladue v. Gilleo, 512 U.S. ___, ___ (1994) (slip op., at 13), the most effective advocates have sometimes opted for anonymity. The specific holding in Talley related to advocacy of an economic boycott, but the Court's reasoning embraced a respected tradition of anonymity in the advocacy of political causes. 6 This tradition is perhaps best exemplified [ McINTYRE v. OHIO ELECTIONS COMM'N, ___ U.S. ___ (1995) , 9] by the secret ballot, the hard-won right to vote one's conscience without fear of retaliation.
[McIntyre v. Ohio Elections Comm'n, ___ U.S. ___ (1995)]
"Anonymous pamphlets, leaflets, brochures and even books have played an important role in the progress of mankind."
[Talley v. California, 362 U.S. 60 (1960)]
The beginning of Chapter 6 of the free Great IRS Hoax, Form #11.302 reveals that there are many righteous reasons to protect information about oneself which have nothing to do with evil. You might want to read it. In the final analysis, things are not as they at first appear on this website. How they "appear" and how they actually are, are two completely different things, in fact. Do not mistake "malice" for righteous "discretion". On this subject, Jesus said:
"Do not judge according to appearance, but judge with righteous judgment."
[John 7:24, Bible, NKJV]
"Do not give what is holy [us, you, your earnings, or your property] to the [government] dogs; nor cast your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you in pieces. "
[Matt. 7:6, Bible, NKJV]
Question 6.09: Is your ministry a "cult"? Some people have said that it appears that way
Answer 6.09: A cult is defined as follows:
V. Dangerous Cults
Some cults or alternative religions are clearly dangerous: They provoke violence or antisocial acts or place their members in physical [or financial] danger. A few have caused the deaths of members through mass suicide or have supported violence, including murder, against people outside the cult. Sociologists note that violent cults are only a small minority of alternative religions, although they draw the most media attention.
Dangerous cults tend to share certain characteristics. These groups typically have an exceedingly authoritarian leader who seeks to control every aspect of members’ lives and allows no questioning of decisions. Such leaders may hold themselves above the law or exempt themselves from requirements made of other members of the group. They often preach a doomsday scenario that presumes persecution from forces outside the cult and a consequent need to prepare for an imminent Armageddon, or final battle between good and evil. In preparation they may hoard firearms. Alternatively, cult leaders may prepare members for suicide, which the group believes will transport it to a place of eternal bliss”
[Microsoft ® Encarta ® Reference Library 2005. © 1993-2004 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.]
Based on the above definition of a cult, we can summarize their characteristics:
- Authoritarian leader.
- No questioning of or participation in decisions.
- Leaders who exempt themselves from the requirements applicable to other members.
- Their own doctrine, which usually adds to or contradicts the Holy Bible. For instance, they may have additional books other than the Bible which Members must study.
- Seek control over every aspect of the behavior of members.
- Secrecy and filtering information in order to control the behavior of members.
- Psychological manipulation and control employed by abusive leader by playing against people's fear, ignorance, and presumption to scare them into submission.
- Doomsday philosophy.
First of all, SEDM does not identify itself as a "church". See the About Us page, Mission Statement, Section 1. You have to be a church before you can be a "cult". Instead, it is a ministry that focuses on obeying God's laws, and protecting, expanding, and promoting the authority of God's law over all affairs, including Biblical affairs.
SEDM doesn't have any leaders. As a matter of fact, the leaders are secret, so for all practical purpose, there are no leaders. You are the leaders because we exist to serve God by serving you. The Ministry Articles specifically forbid servitude or allegiance to any earthy man. All glory and authority can ONLY go to God and not any man. Therefore, there can be no earthly leader. Without a leader, there cannot be favoritism or partiality or unequal treatment of any member towards another member.
SEDM also does not have their own "bible" or additional doctrine which might add to or take away from the authority of God's word. Therefore, we do not seek to compete with God in any way.
SEDM also does not seek to control or influence the behavior of Members. People can only join if they are already satisfying the requirements for being a Member, but the Member Agreement, Form #01.001 does not seek to influence their behavior in any way.
Now let's look at whether the government has erected a "cult" by virtue of the way it has implemented income taxation.
- A “cult” is “dangerous” if it promotes activities that are harmful. Giving away one’s earnings and sovereignty is harmful if not done knowingly, voluntarily, and with full awareness of what one was giving up. This is exactly what people do who file or pay monies to the government that no law requires them to pay.
- Dangerous cults are authoritarian and have stiff mainly “political penalties” for failure to comply. The federal judiciary dishes out stiff penalties to people who refuse to join or participate in the dangerous cult, even though there is no “law” or positive law authorizing them to do so and no implementing regulation that authorizes any kind of enforcement action for the positive law. These penalties are as follows:
2.1. Jail time.
2.2. Persecution from a misinformed jury who has been deliberately tampered with by the judge to cover up government wrongdoing and prejudice the case against the accused.
2.3. Exorbitant legal fees paying for an attorney in order to resist the persecution.
2.4. Loss of reputation, credit rating, and influence in society.
2.5. Deprivation of property and rights to property because of refusal to comply.
- The dangerous cult of the Infernal (Satanic) Revenue Code also seeks to control every aspect of the members lives. The tax code is used as an extensive, excessive, and oppressive means of political control over the spending and working habits of working Americans everywhere. The extent of this political control was never envisioned or intended by our Founding Fathers, who wanted us to be completely free of the government. Members of the cult falsely believe that there is a law requiring them to report every source of earnings, every expenditure in excruciating detail. They have to sign the report under penalty of perjury and be thrown in jail for three years if even one digit on the report is wrong. The IRS, on the other hand, isn’t responsible for the accuracy of anything, including their publications, phone support, or even their illegal assessments. In that sense, they are a false god, because they play by different and lesser rules than everyone else.
- The cult of the Infernal Revenue Code also “preaches a doomsday scenario that presumes persecution from forces outside the cult”. This is a religion based on fear, and the fear originates both from ignorance about the law and with what will happen to the members who leave the cult or refuse to comply with all the requirements of the cult. The doomsday messages are broadcast from the IRS and DOJ website, public affairs section, where they target famous personalities for persecution because of failure to participate in the cult, and when successful, use the result as evidence that they too will be severely persecuted for failure to participate. This is no different than what the Communists did in Eastern Europe, where they put a big wall around East Berlin 100 miles long to force people to remain under communist rule. They patrolled the wall by guards, dogs, and weapons, and highly publicized all escape attempts in which people were killed, maimed, or murdered. This negative publicity acted as a warning and deterrent against those who might think of escaping.
- The cult of the Infernal (Satanic) Revenue Code also prepares people for spiritual suicide and Armageddon. Remember, the term “Armageddon” comes from the Bible book of Revelation, where doomsday predictions describe what will happen to those who allowed government to become their false god. Those who did so, and who accepted the government’s “mark” called the Socialist INSecurity Number, will be the first to be judged and persecuted and injured, according to Revelation. This is the REAL Armageddon folks!
“So the first [angel] went and poured out his bowl [of judgment] upon the earth, and a foul and loathsome sore came upon the men who had the mark of the beast [political rulers] and those who worshiped his image [on the money].”
[Rev. 16:2, Bible, NKJV]
Only those who do not accept the government’s mark will reign with Christ in Heaven:
“And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them. Then I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their witness to Jesus and for the word of God, who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received his mark on their foreheads or on their hands. And they lived and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.”
[Rev. 20:4, Bible, NKJV]
Surprisingly, the U.S. Congress, who are the REAL criminals and cult leaders who wrote their substitute “bible” that started this dangerous “cult of the Infernal Revenue Code”, also described the cult as a form of “communism”. Here is the unbelievable description, right from the Beast’s mouth, of the dastardly corruption of our legal and political system which it willfully did and continues to perpetuate and cover up. We emphasize that the Second plank of the Communist Manifesto is "a heavy progressive income tax":
The Congress finds and declares that the Communist Party of the United States [consisting of the IRS, DOJ, and a corrupted federal judiciary], although purportedly a political party, is in fact an instrumentality of a conspiracy to overthrow the [de jure] Government of the United States [and replace it with a de facto government ruled by a the judiciary]. It constitutes an authoritarian dictatorship [IRS, DOJ, and corrupted federal judiciary in collusion] within a [constitutional] republic, demanding for itself the rights and privileges [including immunity from prosecution for their wrongdoing in violation of Article 1, Section 9, Clause 8 of the Constitution] accorded to political parties, but denying to all others the liberties [Bill of Rights] guaranteed by the Constitution. Unlike political parties, which evolve their policies and programs through public means, by the reconciliation of a wide variety of individual views, and submit those policies and programs to the electorate at large for approval or disapproval, the policies and programs of the Communist Party are secretly [by corrupt judges and the IRS in complete disregard of the tax laws] prescribed for it by the foreign leaders of the world Communist movement [the IRS and Federal Reserve]. Its members [the Congress, which was terrorized to do IRS bidding recently by the framing of Congressman Traficant] have no part in determining its goals, and are not permitted to voice dissent to party objectives. Unlike members of political parties, members of the Communist Party are recruited for indoctrination [in the public schools by homosexuals, liberals, and socialists] with respect to its objectives and methods, and are organized, instructed, and disciplined [by the IRS and a corrupted judiciary] to carry into action slavishly the assignments given them by their hierarchical chieftains. Unlike political parties, the Communist Party [thanks to a corrupted federal judiciary] acknowledges no constitutional or statutory limitations upon its conduct or upon that of its members. The Communist Party is relatively small numerically, and gives scant indication of capacity ever to attain its ends by lawful political means. The peril inherent in its operation arises not from its numbers, but from its failure to acknowledge any limitation as to the nature of its activities, and its dedication to the proposition that the present constitutional Government of the United States ultimately must be brought to ruin by any available means, including resort to force and violence [or using income taxes]. Holding that doctrine, its role as the agency of a hostile foreign power [the Federal Reserve and the American Bar Association (ABA)] renders its existence a clear present and continuing danger to the security of the United States. It is the means whereby individuals are seduced into the service of the world Communist movement, trained to do its bidding, and directed and controlled in the conspiratorial performance of their revolutionary services. Therefore, the Communist Party should be outlawed
Therefore, we exist and were established to prevent and eliminate government-cults and to restore the authority of Biblical law over all of society, not to create more or competing dangerous cults. We seek to prevent and undermine any opportunity for any earthy man to implement or enforce any of the characteristics of cults indicated above. This process of advancing the dignity of all men and the equal protection and rights of all is the opposite of a cult mentality, which is what we seek. Most cults, on the other hand, look down upon other competing religions, just as the government seeks to destroy and undermine Christianity: Because it competes with the true and living God for the affections and worship of the people. If you would like to learn more about how the government, and not us, are a "cult" and a "religion" which competes with, not complements God, and worships SATAN instead of God because it violates both God's law and man's law, read:
- What Pastors and Clergy Need to Know About Government and Taxation, Section 7 entitled "Government Has Become a Religion and a Cult", Form #12.006 -Liberty University, Item #5.1
- Socialism: The New American Civil Religion, Form #05.016 -memorandum of law
- Government Establishment of Religion, Form #05.038 -memorandum of law
- Government is a Pagan Cult and We've All Been Drinking the Kool-Aid (OFFSITE LINK)
- Government has become idolatry and a false religion (OFFSITE LINK)
- The Unlimited Liability Universe (OFFSITE LINK)
- How Scoundrels Corrupted Our Republican Form of Government (OFFSITE LINK)
- The Institutes of Biblical Law (OFFSITE LINK), by Rousas Rushdoony. Excellent!
- Our Enemy the State (OFFSITE LINK)-Albert J. Nock
- Federal Usurpation (OFFSITE LINK)-Franklin Pierce
- Government Abuses and Usurpations (OFFSITE LINK)-Constitution Society
- Great IRS Hoax, Form #11.302, section 220.127.116.11. (OFFSITE LINK)
Question 6.10: You have an absolutely awesome site. I have been studying it for about a year now and I have ordered some of your offerings. In studying the site materials, I sometimes come across an error of one sort or another and I wondered if you wanted any feedback. These are generally either:
- Inoperative links.
- Referral info out of date.
- Reference to old book sections.
- Minor typo's and grammar errors.
Considering the size of this website, it must be a monumental effort to keep it up to date. Would you like for me to send you emails as I find this type of information? If yes, are you interested in all four categories listed above or, perhaps, only one or two of them. Let me know if you would like me to provide my findings to you and where to send them.
Thanks for an extremely helpful source of information.
Answer 6.10: We are absolutely delighted that you find our materials useful, engaging, and entertaining. That is why they are posted for your free use and enjoyment. You are correct that the amount of effort required to keep the information available here current, accurate, and useful is a monumental, full-time task for many. Your generous donations to support this religious ministry are the ONLY thing that makes that effort possible or sustainable.
As we state in our About Us page, we are always interested in improving the quality, accuracy, and relevancy of our materials and solicit continual feedback from everyone who wishes to help improve the materials on this website. That purpose, in fact, is why our materials are posted here: Peer review and constructive criticism. We do not intend to mislead, hurt, or deceive anyone because that would be inconsistent with our Mission, which is to Honor the Lord through the efforts of this ministry and its many enthusiastic and patriotic Members. We therefore invite and encourage you to diligently and frequently send us carefully researched constructive feedback about any of the above types of problems you find in any of our materials as you find them. You may send your feedback to our Contact Us page.
Please visit us often and tell all your friends about us. A satisfied and empowered Member is the best way we know of to fulfill our Mission. Without you, our mission would be "impossible" and you are part of our fellowship and a contributor, if you want to be.
Question 6.11: I have been studying the works of others for years, many of whom would appear to be prosecuted for arguments similar to those found on this website. Why do you think your approach is different or better than theirs?
Answer 6.11: Our official policy towards other freedom community personalities is found in the following resources.
- Flawed Tax Arguments to Avoid, Form #08.004
- Who's Who in the Freedom Community, Form #08.009
- Policy Document: Pete Hendrickson's Trade or Business Approach, Form #08.003
- Policy Document: UCC Redemption, Form #08.002
- Rebutted Version of the IRS "The Truth About Frivolous Tax Arguments", Form #08.005
The above documents in most cases answer the following important questions in the context of every major freedom community personality that we are aware of in order to address your concerns:
- A summary of the positions taken by the freedom personality.
- What they were prosecuted for.
- Differences between their approaches and ours.
- Steps we have taken to ensure that we are not prosecuted or slandered for the same reasons as they were.
- Resources you can read to determine for yourself why our position is the only one consistent with prevailing law and judicial precedent.
We are not aware of any cases where any of the arguments contained in the above documents were successfully or exhaustively rebutted point-by-point. Simply calling them "frivolous" does not rebut them either, but identifies the federal courts as a religion in which the word "frivolous" equates with "heresy". See the following for details on how the government has established a religion in violation of the First Amendment:
- Socialism: The New American Civil Religion, Form #05.016
- Requirement for Consent, Form #05.003
- Government Establishment of Religion, Form #05.038
Hence, we have no reason to believe that any of the arguments used on this website are inconsistent with either prevailing law or judicial precedent from the venue or jurisdiction in which we operate, which is:
- Outside of federal territory (OFFSITE LINK)
- Outside the "United States" (OFFSITE LINK) on land under the exclusive jurisdiction of a state of the Union.
- Exclusively among Members who fully comply with our Member Agreement, Form #01.001 and therefore are "nontaxpayers" (OFFSITE LINK) and " nonresident aliens" not engaged in a " trade or business"
Our experience has been that most readers who pose this question usually are wrongfully "presuming" that people in the freedom community who were prosecuted were prosecuted because of their stance on taxes, when in most cases, the reasons were totally unrelated to their tax arguments and focused almost exclusively on commercial issues, such as asset protection, and preparation of tax returns for others, or fraud on passports. In that sense, some readers are being lazy by trying to shift the burden of proof to us to prove we are right rather than accepting ultimate responsibility for their own decisions and investigating the facts for themselves as we have spent decades doing.
Ultimately, however, it is you, the Sovereign, who our Member Agreement, Form #01.001 requires to take complete, exclusive, and personal responsibility for educating yourself, evaluating the actions of others, and all your choices, and not to blame anyone but yourself for the consequences of your choices or actions. Nothing on this website is intended to be a substitute for your own diligent study of what the law says with your own two eyes. Consequently, you are not allowed to rely upon anything we say and instead may only rely upon the sources of reasonable belief clearly documented in: